Following are links to news articles that have been published about the Now House.
Some require Acrobat Reader.
- Now House Windsor 5.
Windsor CBC News
- Energy Star.
- Home Retrofitting Program Launched.
- Wartime houses get energy refit.
The Windsor Star
- Canada's wartime homes go green.
BBC and PRI
- This Old House.
- A (Near) Zero-Energy Rehab.
Energy Design Update
- Now House Project.
- Steven and Chris talk with Lorraine Gauthier about the Now House.
Steven and Chris on CBC
- Candice Batista takes you on a tour of the Now House.
A GREENER TORONTO on Rogers TV
- The Net Zero Energy House is Really Boring.
- Retrofit Could Result in Annual Energy Bill of Zero.
Ontario Construction Report
- Now's the time to unveil green homes.
East York Mirror
- Toronto retrofit is one of a dozen CMHC energy-reducing home projects across Canada.
- The war on energy loss.
- Teaching an old house new tricks.
Globe and Mail
- Two Toronto homes are among 'green' winners.
- EQuilibrium Competition: Now House.
- Wartime bungalow refit signals national victory.
- EQuilibrium Healthy Housing Initiative.
- 12 new winners in energy-friendly home design.
- Winners of EQuilibrium competition to develop energy-efficient homes announced.
- Toronto builders win national competition to build energy-efficient homes.
- CMHC sustainable housing award winners.
- Wartime home may get energy retrofit.
- East York energy gobbler to become lean and green.
- Lorraine Gauthier gives John Van Dusen's wartime house a green makeover as part of the Now House project.
CBC Radio Spark podcast: Episode 10
- Zeroing In. Energy Retrofit: The Now House Project.
- Wartime East York house to be most energy efficient in the city. East York-Riverdale.
- Best green house in the making.
- Extreme Makeover: Don't judge this home by its humble looks: a retrofit has made it the greenest house on the block.
Design Lines Toronto
- Now House Converts a Wartime Bungalow Into a Near-Zero-Energy Home.
Greater Toronto Builder/Architect
- A Green Home Reno. Renovating a tiny bungalow so it produces as much energy as it uses.
- Democratizing Sustainable Housing in Canada, Part One.
Red Hat magazine
- Democratizing Sustainable Housing in Canada, Part Two.
Red Hat magazine
- Featured Project.
Open Architecture Network.
- The Now House Project: The Return of a Canadian Icon.
For information, photos, or interviews, contact us at email@example.com.
For the Media
Now House involves homeowners in reducing energy consumption and green house gas emissions through home retrofits. This timely topic has an impact on all of our lives. Our unique approach to the issue blends the lives of those who currently dwell in wartime bungalows scattered across Canada and technological advances in environmental sustainability of the homes. As the Now House project becomes the model for retrofitting WWII era communities, both privately owned and publicly owned, every neighborhood will offer narrative and each house a story waiting to be told.
Now House has been featured on the front page of the Real Estate section of the Globe and Mail, the Toronto Star, National Post, CTV and more. Lorraine Gauthier, President, The Now House Project Inc. has been a guest at several conferences on sustainability and is available for speaking engagements.
With the evolution of our business to include a model for the net zero energy retrofit of 2-storey brick homes and other ubiquitous housing forms, the interest in Now House will grow.
For more information, photos, or interviews, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.